Instagram Feed

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Bought Because...



Hosted by  That Artsy Reader Girl.
- - - - -
A lot has been happening lately. And yes, I've been at home for quite a while now due to quarantine. I've been working from home and all that which was quite hard and sometimes stressful. So I thought since I've been trying to post in my blog lately, why not return to participating in Top Ten Tuesday? It's a fun activity and may relieve some of the stress I've been feeling.

These are the top ten (actually 12. haha.) books I bought because...

1. They have simple yet pretty covers  

I actually haven't read the first two which I bought on a book sale last year. Hoping to read soon.

2. I love music

Aside from reading, I do love music. So, when you combine the two? Perfect!

3. A lot of book bloggers recommended it

During those times when I was very much active in the book blogging community, a lot of fellow readers suggested these and kept popping on lists. And yes, I did not regret picking up these two. They are two of my all-time favorites.

4. I really loved the author's previous books

If I Stay and Where She Went are probably included in my all-time favorite list so I decided to read Just One Day (via e-book first) and I fell in love, so I had to buy the paperback copy. The book ended on a cliffhanger which made me anticipate the second installment. I pre-ordered from across the other side of the world complete with autograph from the author. I just had to.

5. I love me some mystery/thriller/crime fiction every once in a while

A Faint Cold Fear was my first Karin Slaughter book and what made me a fan. The Cop Town is the latest one I bought. If you are into the genre, don't miss out on this great author - she got "stories that get under your skin."

It was nice to be back. Stay Safe fellow readers!

4 comments:

  1. Cop Town caught my eye. http://pmprescott.blogspot.com/2020/04/ttt-040720.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the author's previous work is my #1 reason for trying a new title.

    My TTT .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the Fault in our Stars! Such an emotional book. Great list!

    Here’s my TTT!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the simplicity of these covers. I still need to read Amy & Roger. I forgot about that book!

    ReplyDelete