Instagram Feed

Monday, August 6, 2012

Book Thoughts: Endless Summer


"Love Hurt. Honesty made it hurt worse, and I could hardly stand it." 

- - - - -




Two irresistible boys. One unforgettable summer.  Lori can’t wait for her summer at the lake. She loves wakeboarding and hanging with her friends—including the two hotties next door. With the Vader brothers, she's always been just one of the guys. Now that she’s turning sixteen, she wants to be seen as one of the girls, especially in the eyes of Sean, the older brother. But that’s not going to happen—not if the younger brother, Adam, can help it. Lori plans to make Sean jealous by spending time with Adam. Adam has plans of his own for Lori. As the air heats up, so does this love triangle. Will Lori’s romantic summer melt into one hot mess?





 - - - - -

The weird thing about reading this book is that I started somewhere in the middle. I was just browsing through the e-books I recently got when I came to a certain part of this book that really got my attention. I was engrossed right at that moment that I didn't even bother going to the start and starting the story. I didn't care how the whole story started, I just wanted to continue reading.  So, I reached the end, and that was the only time I started going to the start of the story. Weird or what?

Now, my thoughts...

Wasn't saying that I was engrossed right at that moment also saying I really liked this book? Yeah, it is. Ha! The story is just sooo cute. I really adore Lori's relationship with the boys. Surrounded by attractive boys, how can you not go nuts? Lori was unsure of a lot of things in this book. She has some crazy ideas to get the guy she likes. Then she finally got together with one of the Vader Boys, for real, it was so cute for a while and then it went crazy all over again. This gave them the chance to prove their love for each other and further test their relationship, especially their trust in each other. I love how they fought through the hard times. 

I liked the second part of the book because of the changing point of view from Lori to Adam, it gave a whole new perspective to some parts of the story. Plus, it allowed you to dig into Adam's thoughts on certain things.

Love this book or what? If you're looking for an easy, fun, and cute summer read, check this book out.

- - - - -

My Endless Summer Playlist:

  • Far Away - Nickelback
  • "I'd give it all. I'd give for us. Give anything but I won't give up. 'Cause you know, you know, you know. That I love you, I have loved you all along.
  • I Won't Give Up - Jason Mraz
  • "I won't give up on us. Even if the sky gets rough. I'm giving you all my love. I'm still looking up."
  • How We Do This - Sterling Knight
  • "I found, that nothin' can come from nothin'. So you better come round, I'm down. How do we do this?"
  •  

No comments:

Post a Comment