Instagram Feed

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Book Thoughts: Left to Love (The Next Door Boys 2)


"...the best place in the world will always be next to you. I'm there until you send me away."

- - - - -

Leigh’s life is shaping up to be pretty perfect.

She married the father of a little boy she fell in love with. They live in a nice house, on a quiet street, and her hobby of a sewing business is keeping her busier than she ever imagined. She’s back in touch with her brother who she hasn’t seen since she was a child, and her new husband has an “in” for his dream job when he graduates in the spring.

But when her small symptoms begin to lead up to something big - she has to face the shattering realization that her cancer is back.

Leigh struggles with her new marriage, her faith, her desire to adopt the little boy who calls her mom, and the strength to keep fighting for her life.


- - - - -

Sadness… Tears: Yes, there were some. Happiness: a lot. Hope: Plenty. Love: overflowing. These are the feelings and emotions that stood out reading Left to Love, the continuation of The Next Door Boys by Jolene Perry.

I looked forward to what would happen to Leigh and Brian’s love story and I was so happy with how it continued but I wasn’t prepared for the events that transpired next. I felt sad and scared for Leigh because for how long did she try to step out of the shadow of her sickness. Then it just suddenly comes spiraling back down. I was broken-hearted for her. How could this happen to her? At the same time, I felt frustrated with Leigh when she kept pushing people away especially Brian.  Bri, I was also broken-hearted for him, he’s so lost and didn’t know what to do to make her feel better. And I loved him for doing whatever he can to help Leigh, and he never once gave up and left her side. I admired them both for how they pushed through and fought the battle together.

Then you also have the adorable Nathan; he brought so much happiness to the story. He’s just so cute.

What I also loved in this book was that Leigh’s family and the people around her never left her side and never loosed hope and they really did their best to make her happy. 

This second book dug deeper. It was highly emotional than the first. Some tears fell and I was overwhelmed with a lot of emotions. If you’re an emotional person or you’re a softy, prepare some tissues while reading this. I really liked this as much as the first. This is just so full of love, love , and more love. I am now an official Jolene Perry fan.

- - - - -
My Left to Love Playlist:

  • Keep Holding On - Avril Lavigne 
  • "Keep holding on. 'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through. Just stay strong. 'Cause you know I'm here for you. I'm here for you."
  •  
  • I Wouldn't Mind - He Is We 
  • "Forever is a long time. But I wouldn't mind spending it by your side. Tell me every day. I get to wake up to that smile. I wouldn't mind it at all."
  •  
  •  I Won't Let Go - Rascall Flatts 
  • "I will dry your eyes. I will fight your fight. I will hold you tight. And I won't let go."


No comments:

Post a Comment